Biotin Coated Plates Clear 8-well Strip
PRODUCT CODE: X-MTP-0004-5X
STORAGE: room temperature
Biotin binds to streptavidin and avidin with high affinity. The streptavidin-biotin bond is one of the strongest non-covalent interaction in nature, making it extraordinarily robust.
BioThinx Biotin coated plates offer a convenient way to carry out one of the most useful interactions in immunochemistry that involves the specificity binding of biotin to streptavidin or avidin. BioThinx Biotin coated plates are useful for detecting streptavidin or avidin conjugated molecules, or biotin antibodies including enzyme conjugates in ELISA procedures.
PRECAUTIONS AND DISCLAIMER
This product is for LABORATORY RESEARCH USE ONLY, not for diagnostic, therapeutic, drug, household, or other uses. Please consult the Material Safety Data Sheet for information regarding hazards and safe handling practices.
Biotin coated micro assay plate: 96 wells, configured in twelve 1×8 strips, each coated plate is packed in a barrier bag with desiccant. The wells are coated to a 100μl depth and are supplied pre-blocked.
PREPARTION AND HANDLING
The following protocol is a simple direct ELISA protocol and the protocol and reagents used will have to be optimized for specific applications and assays. Avoid using buffers containing Biotin.
1. Wash the wells to be used with 200μl Wash Buffer (tris buffered saline or phosphate buffered saline, pH 7-7.5, containing 0-05 % TWEEN® 20 or an appropriate Wash Buffer of choice.
2. Dilute the sample with (tris buffered saline or phosphate buffered saline, pH 7-7.5, containing 0.05 % BSA or an appropriate Dilution Buffer of choice and add 100μl diluted sample to each well.
3. Incubate at room temperature for 1-2 hours with shaking.
4. Wash each well three times with 200μl Wash Buffer.
5. Add 100μl enzyme labelled primary antibody if the primary biotin binding probe was not already enzyme conjugated.
6. Incubate at room temperature for 0.5-1 hour with shaking.
7. Wash each well three times with 200μl Wash Buffer.
8. Detect the label signal with appropriate substrate.
STORAGE / STABILITY
Store unopened at ambient temperature. Once opened the plates can be stored in the resealable bag (ZipLoc) with desiccant.
RECOMMENDED RETEST DATE
1. Wong, J., et al., Direct force measurements of the streptavidin –biotin interaction, Biomolecular Engineering, 16, 45-55 (1999).